Sunday, November 23, 2008

Neetu Chandra on OYE LUCKY


My learning experience has been so immense, intense and constant that I feel as if I am a part of a dynamic university called Hindi cinema, where every film is a unique course in technique and craft. The learning process seems never ending and, without a doubt, beautiful...


To be a part of Dibakar's film, who made the cult Khosla Ka Ghosla, was a step forward in graduation...He also turned out to be a great teacher who not only believed in his students, but also expected them to deliver tough. Of course, the compliments that followed thereafter made it all the more worthwhile and memorable.


At last, I met a director who offered a role that was me, or at least a very intimate part of my personality and being. I have so often come across directors with constipated visions and perspectives, who god knows why, have not been able to see beyond a certain look of mine. There are those who say they aren't looking for a 'Traffic Signal look' (as if I roam around in that look all the time!). I find that surprising, even after having played this glam-babe-running-around-trees role in Garam Masala.  I mean, c'mmon guys, what's wrong with ya'?!


Alright, so I play Sonal in this movie, a middle class, shy, introvert, college going girl from Rohini, a suburb of Delhi. She is a plain-Jane who as never had any adventure, misadventure or even fun in life. Her journey is a pretty simple one--that from home to college and back again! And then, Lucky happens. And suddenly this shy and introvert girl finds what she had always been looking for--love, yeah...all the way man! Can you believe it--she actually falls in love with a thief! I mean we have heard stories about girls eloping with drivers and milkmen..but a thief? Whoa! Now that's really something! 


I've been lucky to play different roles in my first three movies and this one's no exception, either. This one's particularly special to me because I am neither Sweety, the air-hostess of Garam Masala, nor Rani, the street vendor in Traffic Signal, and certainly not even like Mayawati Chautala of 123. Sonal is someone I can relate to, associate with and smile about; someone who is the closest to Neetu, from all the other characters she has played, by far.


Abhay is the another co. student of the acting university who comes out with fine grades, undoubtedly. And Pareshji--well, all i can say is that every time i face him there is a newness in his personna. I have shared screen space with him thrice, and you bet, am all set to do it soon again. Archana Puran Singh has always come across as a genuine human being and actor whose presence on the sets brings cheer.


I have constantly tried to better my best, and every film feels like the very first one. I hope the audiences have as much fun watching Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye, as we had making it. Do watch it in theaters, November 28 onwards. In line are three more releases following in the next six months with three diverse, unique characters of mine in each one of them. Sit back and enjoy....Cheers!

13 comments:

Frequent Flyer>> said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

the promos are grt... it looks like its a refreshing movie and i am waiting for 28th to see it... All the Best

mitul said...

goodluck Oye!!

Unknown said...

hey neetu...wish u all the luck n wishes in the world..we r all standing with u always! love n luck always..bhabhi

Nitin said...

Good job! :-)

Daz M said...

Watched the movie last evening..
Everyone's acting is too good, no damm in story, pata nahi kya chal raha tha..
You look stunning.. first time and noticed you and try to know who you are.. :)

Then i read bout you at wiki! Martial Artist!
Salute! I am brown ne don too!

Keep working harder! best of Luck!

Unknown said...

heyy neetu best of luck for ur oyee lucky !!!. Seems 2 b a sweet, nice movie ..

Unknown said...

Hi Neetu Watched Oye Lucky last nite and everyone gave there best performance . Best of Luck

Ankit said...

I watched the movie today...
Nd must say that you look nice in the movie...
Specially you look stunning in the introductory scene...
Best of luck fr your career...

Chakit said...

GR8 Movie enjoyed it a lot, Neetu ur role was superb good work.

Sachin said...

Hi Neetu...

Your acting was superb... I like ur all movie right from Traffic Signal to OLLO... Your acting in all these movies is superb... Specially in OLLO, i can watch this movie continuose.

Superb Movie.. Superb Acting.. Superb Music...

May god bless u all the success..

Prasoon said...

Neetu, the movie was great and the best part was that nothing was overdone. Loved Abhay's performance too and now am trying to gather the bits on what the real story was which inspired this flick. Interesting to read I must say.

Lest I forget to mention, I am amazed by the simplicity you portrayed. And now I read it was you in Garam Masala too. Well, I hope the best of the movies come to you.

ps: could you please tell me the details on whether or not Paresh Rawal's characters ever had any connection? And what was with Bangali returning back and that gogi connection?

Unknown said...

ollo is a gud movie... 1 thing s fr sure u look so different n this movie compared to ur last 1....my compliments..all d very best.